Watershed Outreach Coordinator
It’s that time of year again — time to start planning our 73rd Annual Meeting! This year the meeting will take place on March 19th, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. CST at Embers in Rensselaer.
Trust me, you don’t want to miss out on this year’s event! We are still planning the event but already have an exciting, jam-packed line up of speakers!
• Dr. Jennifer Tank from the Notre Dame will be presenting the results from the Indiana Watershed Initiative study conducted in the Kirkpatrick Ditch Watershed in Jasper, Newton, and Benton Counties! Dr. Tank and her team studied the effects of cover crops and two-stage ditch on preventing nutrient loss. Check out their website, www.indianawatershedinitiative.com for more information on the project!
• Tim Lathrop from the US Geological Survey will be presenting the results of the Sentry Gauge on the Iroquois River and will have a poster display during the social hour.
• The Rensselaer Central High School’s FFA Soils Judging Team will have a poster display during the social hour. They will be discussing their third place win at state and what’s to come at the national contest in Oklahoma this May!
• Jasper County SWCD Board Members & Staff will be giving an update on what happened last year, along with what we can look forward to in 2019!
There will be a cash bar social hour for networking and socializing starting at 5 p.m. with dinner to follow.
Due to our goal of expanding the attendance of our Annual Meeting, we are seeking additional sponsorship money to cover the increased costs. Below are the possible sponsorship levels and what each level includes:
• Platinum ($1,000): Dinner Plate Logo/Acknowledgement, logo on all promotional materials, informational table for social hour, recognized during opening remarks.
• Gold ($500): Logo on promotional materials, informational table for social hour, recognized during opening remarks.
• Silver ($250): Logo on all promotional materials, informational sign on tripod during meeting, recognized during opening remarks.
• Bronze ($100): Logo on all promotional materials, recognized during opening remarks.
This event is free thanks to our sponsors. If your company would like to sponsor this event, please contact our office at 219-866-8008 x3. Event sponsors will be announced on our formal invitation, as well as on our website and social media.